Ever wanted to try out home baked goodies for your fur kids? Not quite sure what works best for them? Don’t trust the ingredients of store-bought treats?
Here is a quick and easy recipe with all the rich goodness.
- 1 cup wholemeal flour
- 1 large egg
- ⅔ cup pumpkin purée*
- ½ tsp salt
* Boil/Steam a ripe pumpkin with or without the skin. Once it is easily pierced with a fork, remove from the heat and mash it up. You can use pre-prepared puree available in cans or Gerber’s baby food.
- Preheat the oven to 350deg F
- In a medium bowl, whisk by hand or an electric mixer to beat the egg and pumpkin until smooth
- Fold in the dry ingredients by hand until well incorporated and a soft dough forms
- Refrigerate the mixture for 10min or until the dough can be easily formed into your desired size balls
- Space it out evenly on the cookie sheet and bake it for 15min or until golden brown
Allow them to cool fully before transferring them into an air tight container. This can store well for up to 2 weeks.
- You can roll out the entire dough to 1cm thickness and use fun shaped cookie cutters to make unique shapes
Disclaimer: This recipe works fine for pets who do not have allergies to egg and wholemeal flour. Please consult your vet to determine if your dog has any food allergies before trying out new recipes or food.